<MP>Thursday, 03 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 20:00:43 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works
and give glory to your Father in heaven."   ~Matthew 5:16

Each moment of our day that we devote to a loving and generous way of life
is a gift to God.  Even when our desire to serve God is sincere, it is not
an easy thing to give God many of these moments, the daily things we had
planned to do, given up gladly so that we can perform a good service or say
a kind word.  If we can see God's purpose in many situations, it can be
easier to give God many moments of our day. Every situation has two
interpretations--our own and God's.  We can try to handle each situation in
the way we believe God would have it handled.

I pray that I may make many moments of my day count for God.  I pray that I
may not spend it all selfishly.