<MP>Thursday, 02 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 15:58:32 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ABOUT 10 OCTOBER
   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

Feast of the Guardian Angels
Perhaps no aspect of Catholic piety is as comforting to parents as the
belief that an angel protects their little ones from dangers real and
imagined. Yet guardian angels are not just for children. Their role is to
represent individuals before God, to watch over them always, to aid their
prayer and to present their souls to God at death.  For more, follow the
link below:

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that
their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father."
~Matthew 18:1-5, 10

Today we celebrate the Feast of the Guardian Angels.  Their role is to
represent individuals before God, to watch over them always, to aid their
prayer and to present their souls to God at death. Although it's comforting
to know that angels watch over our children, they're for adults as well.
Angels are a reminder of God's love for us, and His interest in being with
us to watch, help and guide us. We are never alone!

I pray that I may trust in God's love and providential care.  I pray that I
may know that I am not alone, but that He wants to watch over me, help me
and guide me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Karen asks prayers for our elected officials that they find a just solution
to our country's financial crisis. Lisa asks for prayers for her son who has
fallen away from his faith. Irene asks prayers for a special intention.

Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention. A concerned wife requests
prayers for her husband who is suffering with depression. Karla asks prayers
for a special intention.