<MP>Thursday, 02 November 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:30:35 -0600

.=:  T H E   O C C U L T ,  C O M M U N I O N   O F   S A I N T S  :=.

Check the All Saints/All Souls update for the Church's stance on the Occult,
fortune-telling, Ouija boards, etc.  and a good explanation of the
"Communion of Saints."  There are lots of Saints links too, and prayers for
those who have died, those who have suffered a miscarriage, and even the
Scriptures for Funerals.  Visit our dia de Muertos page for lots of photos
and information about the Mexican Day of the Dead. Follow the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that
you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  ~Romans 15:13

We can keep ourselves like an empty vessel for God to fill.  We can keep
pouring out ourselves to help others so that God can keep filling us up with
God's spirit.  The more we give, the more we will have for ourselves.  God
will see that we are kept filled as long as we are giving to others.  But if
we selfishly try to keep all four ourselves, we are soon blocked off from
God, our source of supply, and we can become stagnant.  To be clear, a lake
must have an inflow and an outflow.

I pray that I may keep pouring out what I receive.  I pray that I may keep
the stream clear and flowing.

Abby asks prayers for her dad who is having a CT scan on Friday to determine
the effectiveness of his chemo treatment, that a miracle would have happened
and his tumor has disappeared. Debbie is thankful for a healthy grandson
born this week. Tara asks prayers for a safe trip for her husband, the
health of her unborn child and her mother's health as well.

Nancy from PA gives thanksgiving to St. Jude for prayers answered. A member
requests prayers for all the Poor Souls of Purgatory who have no one to pray
for them. Tony asks prayer for his daughter who got pricked by a needle used
on a hepatitis patient. Gloria asks prayers for a safe trip. Joanna asks for
prayers to work together with her newfound sponsor through the 12 Steps.
Bob asks prayers that we may stand up for life and Marriage by voting YES on
the Marriage Amendment and NO to Capital Punishment.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm