<MP>Thursday, 02 July 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 20:32:34 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Oliver Plunkett (1629-1681)
The name of today's saint is especially familiar to the Irish and the
English-and with good reason. The English martyred Oliver Plunkett for
defending the faith in his native Ireland during a period of severe
persecution. Born in County Meath in 1629, he studied for the priesthood in
Rome and was ordained there in 1654. After some years of teaching and
service to the poor of Rome he was appointed Archbishop of Armagh in
Ireland. Four years later, in 1673, a new wave of anti-Catholic persecution
began, forcing Archbishop Plunkett to do his pastoral work in secrecy and
disguise and to live in hiding. Meanwhile, many of his priests were sent
into exile; schools were closed; Church services had to be held in secret
and convents and seminaries were suppressed. As archbishop, he was viewed as
ultimately responsible for any rebellion or political activity among his
parishioners.   For more, follow the link below:

God put Abraham to the test. He called to him, "Abraham!" "Here I am," he
replied. Then God said: "Take your son Isaac, your only one, whom you love,
and go to the land of Moriah. There you shall offer him up as a burnt
offering on a height that I will point out to you." ~Genesis 22:1b-19

"Rise, pick up your stretcher, and go home." He rose and went home. When the
crowds saw this they were struck with awe
and glorified God who had given such authority to men. ~Matthew 9:1-8

Abraham was ready to do anything for God, even sacrifice his precious son.
Our attitude is what matters.  And, of course, God is willing to give
anything to us.  He gave his Son Jesus who died on the cross and rose three
days later for us.

I pray that I may believe in God's deep love for me.  I pray that I may be
willing to do anything God asks me to do.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member requests prayers for a granddaughter having problems , expecting
her baby soon. Eileen asks prayers for her Dad to sell his house so he can
pay his bills in the assisted living home. A member asks prayers for her
nephew and his wife, for a successful adoption and for her son to return to
Mass and the Sacraments.

Susan requests prayers of thanksgiving for successful procedures for her
daughter and brother-in-law today who both had good outcomes. Kim asks for
him to realize his condition and to get help and to reunite with her and
their children. A mother requests prayers for her daughter whose boyfriend
has moved away, that their relationship stay strong and true even though
they are far apart.

Rebecca from NJ requests prayers for her husband who severely sprained his
ankle and is preparing to travel to Florida on Sunday. Susanne who has been
quite ill requests prayers for good health and blessings from God. A member
requests prayers for persons who were involved in a  drowning at the Jersey
Shore this week.

A member, requests prayers, for God to keep her safe and strong from going
back to a destructive relationship. Terrie asks for prayer for my son who is
in jail. Mariann asks for prayers for two nephews that they may be gainfully
employed to support their families and for all those who fear for their
jobs. Jo Ann requests prayers for special intentions for her son and his
family.