<MP>Thursday, 02 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:29:57 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land, 04-15 November 2007!
WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL OF 36 TRAVELERS AND NOW HAVE 37!

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1926.
All but 4 seats must be surrendered to the airlines after August 27th.

The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Those who have been born of God do not sin, because God's seed abides in
them; they cannot sin, because they have been born of God."  ~1 John 3:9

God is always ready to pour blessings into our hearts in generous measure.
But like the seed-sowing, the ground must be prepared before the seed is
dropped in.  It is our task to prepare the soil.  It is God's to drop the
seed.  This preparation of the soil means many days of right living,
choosing the right and avoiding the wrong.  As we go along, each day we are
better prepared for God's planting, until we reach the time of harvest. Then
we can share the harvest with God--the harvest of a useful and more abundant
life.

I pray that my way of living may be properly prepared day by day.  I pray
that I may strive to make myself ready for the harvest which God has planted
in my heart.

Mary asks prayers for a friend struggling with mental health  problems and
for her family and doctors. Carol asks prayers for her unborn grandchild who
has been diagnosed with spina bifida. Melva requests prayers for her newborn
grandson and all children who suffer from the effects of their parents'
addictions.

Barbara asks prayers for a special intention. Patricia asks prayers for a
special intention. Donna requests prayers for her husband as he has a hip
replacement & recovers. Barr. Uche asks prayers for a special intention. Jo
Ann requests prayers for  special intentions for her son and his family.

Rose asks for prayers that she will be able to sell her house and that
everything works out with their new home. Bev ask prayers for her
sister-in-law who will start chemo this week to help free her from cancer.
Carol requests prayers for her son who seriously injured his ankle, for
healing and reconciliation.

Alvina asks prayers for a special intention. Pat requests prayers for a
deeply religious friend, who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Pat
requests prayers for a devoted Catholic doctor who is dying of liver cancer.
A mother asks prayers for healing of son whose doctor left message for him
to call immediately, its very important.