<MP>Thursday, 01 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 17:06:26 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S
Thirty-two are now registered.
Remember, to go on the trip you need to register with and pay your deposit
to Pentecost Tours. For complete details, follow the link from:
www.frpat.com

G O D C A S T  /  P O D C A S T
Visit the newest part of my Web Site.  Download the latest Sunday homily.
Listen to it with streaming audio at your computer or download to your MP3
player.  Subscribe to the RSS Feed to, and download new homilies
automatically!  Just follow the "Podcast" link from:  www.frpat.com

D A    V I N C I    C O D E    D E B U N K E D
Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

T E C H    T I P    F R O M     F A T H E R    P A T
Somebody want's to give you money?

Most of us have received e-mails, mostly from Nigeria or another African
Country.  They come from various relatives of someone who died with a lot of
money, who wants to get money out of the country and give some to you, who
wants to give to charity, who is dying of an incurable disease and wants to
do something nice for you.  They most often ask for your phone number,
e-mail address and other information.  Then they'll contact you and want to
send a check, or transfer the money directly into your bank account.  Of
course they'll need account numbers.  It's a SCAM every time.  Somebody
actually sent me a check for four thousand dollars this year.  I was
supposed to wire $2000 to someone in Florida and keep the rest.  Needless to
say the account didn't exist and the check would have bounced, after I'd
sent money on.  The best tip . don't respond!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Jesus turned and said to Peter, 'Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling
block to me; for you are setting your mind not on divine things but on human
things. 'Then Jesus told his disciples, 'If any want to become my followers,
let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.  For those
who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for
my sake will find it.'"  ~Matthew 16:23-25

We were born with the Divine within us.  Living a selfish life can hinder
the Divine from being expressed and shared.  The celestial fire has to be
tended and fed so that it will grow into a real desire to live the right
way.  By trying to do the will of God, we grow more and more in the new way
of life.  By thinking of God, praying to God and having communion with God,
we gradually grow more like God.  The way of our transformation from the
material to the spiritual allows God to work in and through us.

I pray that I may tend the spark of the Divine within me so that it will
grow.  I pray that I may be gradually transformed from the old life to the
new and fuller life.

Nancy asks for prayers that she may have re-growth of spiritual life and
help to regain physical endurance. Jan asks for prayers for his wife who has
diabetes with recently collapsed foot bone structure and is confined to a
wheelchair for healing. Cheryl, asks prayers for her daughter who is having
relationship and depression problems.

Rose asks prayers for a special intention. Mother requests prayers for her
daughter to find a house to rent suitable for her two children with severe
asthma. Natalie requests prayers for her surgery today for probable thyroid
cancer. Mary asks prayers for her 14 year old granddaughter whose leukemia
has returned, and for her family, that they keep faith and hope.

Susanna asks prayers for a young man who faces a serious challenge. Mariann
asks for prayers for her cousin who has suffered a miscarriage, that she
heal physically and mentally from this great loss.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.