<MP>Thursday, 01 July 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:09:58 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE ENDS AFTER 10 JULY
      PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER THAT.

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:

Blessed Junipero Serra (1713-1784)
In 1776, when the American Revolution was beginning in the east, another
part of the future United States was being born in California. That year a
gray-robed Franciscan founded Mission San Juan Capistrano, now famous for
its annually returning swallows. San Juan was the seventh of nine missions
established under the direction of this indomitable Spaniard. Born in
Spain's island of Mallorca, Serra entered the Franciscan Order, taking the
name of St. Francis' childlike companion, Brother Juniper. Until he was 35,
he spent most of his time in the classroom-first as a student of theology
and then as a professor. He also became famous for his preaching. Suddenly
he gave it all up and followed the yearning that had begun years before when
he heard about the missionary work of St. Francis Solanus in South America.
Junipero's desire was to convert native peoples in the New World. Arriving
by ship at Vera Cruz, Mexico, he and a companion walked the 250 miles to
Mexico City. On the way Junipero's left leg became infected by an insect
bite and would remain a cross-sometimes life-threatening-for the rest of his
life. For 18 years he worked in central Mexico and in the Baja Peninsula. He
became president of the missions there.

The judgments of the Lord are true, and all of them are just. ~Psalm 19

Which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Rise and
walk'? But that you may know that the Son of Man
has authority on earth to forgive sins"-he then said to the paralytic,
"Rise, pick up your stretcher, and go home." ~Matthew 9:1-8

Jesus was all too much for them.  They'd never seen such power and
authority. Although many were drawn to Jesus and what He could do, others
were threatened by His power. Some came closer to God, others went farther
away.

I pray that I may be awestruck by the Lord's power and authority.  I pray
that I may be strengthened in my faith as I draw nearer to the God who
always seeks to draw nearer to me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Rita asks prayers for the safety of a young Marine, who is a machine gunner
in Afghanistan and is in danger daily. JP requests prayers for his daughter
for safe pregnancy. Tammy asks for prayers for her children and herself who
are having financial problems at this time.

A mother request prayers for her daughters. We pray for all those affected
by the oil spill. A member requests prayers for her husband and sons that
they realize true conversion in Jesus Christ and that  all become men after
God's own heart. Marie asks prayers for a special intention.

Judy asks prayers for a special intention. Aunt asks for prayers for a safe
journey for all travelers. George asks prayers for the people of the Gulf
States, Haiti, Chile and others suffering from all kinds of disasters.