<MP>Thursday, 01 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 22:49:26 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

F I R S T    C H E M O
There first dose of Chemo was today.  So I also started to take lots of
medications … antibiotics, antifungals and much more, since I won’t have
any resistance.  It was also the day to be issued a mask to wear when I’m
around people.  We did go out for a lovely dinner at the Canadian Honker
to celebrate the New Year.  Happy New Year to all of you!  Read much more
at my blog, updated every day at:  www.frpat.com/mayoblog

H A P P Y    N E W    Y E A R
I wish all of you a Happy, Healthy and Holy New Year.   Here’s a favorite
forward of mine.  I hope you enjoy it.  It appears along with many other
things at my New Year’s page:  www.frpat.com/newyear.htm

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Mary, Mother of God
Mary’s divine motherhood broadens the Christmas spotlight. Mary has an
important role to play in the Incarnation of the Second Person of the
Blessed Trinity. She consents to God’s invitation conveyed by the angel
(Luke 1:26-38). Elizabeth proclaims: “Most blessed are you among women and
blessed is the fruit of your womb. And how does this happen to me, that
the mother of my Lord should come to me?” (Luke 1:42-43, emphasis added).
Mary’s role as mother of God places her in a unique position in God’s
redemptive plan.
  For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay/

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

The LORD bless you and keep you! The LORD let his face shine upon you, and
be gracious to you!
The LORD look upon you kindly and give you peace! ~Numbers 6:22-27

And Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart. ~Luke
2:16-21

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Today is a Holy Day of Obligation as we celebrate the Solemnity of the
Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God. We know that Mary is the Mother of
Jesus who is God, and that God blessed Mary in many ways.  He offers us
His blessing too, as we reflect on the beautiful witness of Mary, our
Mother and the Mother of the Church. We hear the words of the blessing God
gave to Moses, “The LORD bless you and keep you! The LORD let his face
shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The LORD look upon you kindly and
give you peace!”

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that as I reverence the example of Mary that I may follow her
example as well.  I pray that I may stand up for life as she did, and be
ready to say “yes” to God, no matter what He asks of me.

I pray that I may always seek the truth.  I pray that I may be grateful
for John the Apostle, his privileged relationship with Jesus and all he
shares with us about God, His love for us and His call for us to love one
another.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the
willingness to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being
called to Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond
generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God.”  ~Psalm 46:10