<MP>Thrusday, 14 January 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:19:13 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

WE HAVE AN ITINERARY: We have a tentative Itinerary for the trip. Follow
the link from www.frpat.com for details. Land arrangements, hotels and
pricing will be on the way soon!
Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

First Drawing is 18 January!
Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  First drawing is on 18 January, so
there's still time to get some calendars! If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Servant of God John the Gardener (d. 1501)
John was born of poor parents in Portugal. Orphaned early in life, he
spent some years begging from door to door. After finding work in Spain as
a shepherd, he shared the little he earned with those even more needy than
himself. One day two Franciscans encountered him on a journey. Engaging
him in conversation, they took a liking to the simple man and invited him
to come and work at their friary in Salamanca. He readily accepted and was
assigned to the task of assisting the brother with gardening duties. A
short time later John himself entered the Franciscan Order and lived a
life of prayer and meditation, fasting constantly, spending the nights in
prayer, still helping the poor. Because of his work in the garden and the
flowers he produced for the altar, he became known as "the gardener."

Redeem us, Lord, because of your mercy. ~Psalm 44

A leper came to him and kneeling down begged him and said, ?If you wish,
you can make me clean.? Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand,
touched the leper, and said to him, ?I do will it. Be made clean.? ~Mark
1:40-45

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

All of us are in need of healing, and we know so many family members and
friends in as great or greater need. Like the leper, we can turn to the
Lord and say, "If you wish, you can make me clean." And God's healing
power is unleashed. God loves us and has mercy on us. He grants us healing
that we can get up and help continue His work in the world.

I pray that I may come to God with my need for healing. I pray that at may
live as a member of the Body of Christ, helping continue His work in this
world.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!

(c)MMX, Fr. Pat Umberger