<MP>Sunday, 30 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:30:50 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E
Only four or five seats remain. Seats are ticketed on October 4th!

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

.=: S C R I P T U R E S   F O R   T H E   D A Y :=.

"Woe to the complacent in Zion! Lying upon beds of ivory, stretched
comfortably on their couches." Amos 6:1a, 4-7

"... pursue righteousness, devotion, faith, love patience and gentleness."
1 Timothy 6:11-16

"Send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for
I am suffering torment in these flames." Luke 16:19-31

Saint Jerome (345-420)
A Scripture scholar who translated most of the Old Testament from Hebrew, he
also wrote commentaries which continue to inspire us today. St. Augustine
said that "What Jerome is ignorant of, no mortal has ever known." Jerome's
translation of the Bible came to be known as the Vulgate. Jerome died in
Bethlehem in 420.  His remains are buried in the Basilica of St. Mary Major
in Rome.

When we have too much we can be tempted to lie on beds of ivory and stretch
comfortable on our couches. Like the rich man in the Gospel today, we can
ignore the serious needs of others and focus totally on ourselves.  Jesus
couldn't touch the hearts of those focused on themselves ... then or now.

I pray that I can be a person of compassion, using what I have to bring
justice, peace and joy to others.  I pray that I can be ready to have Jesus
touch my heart.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Helen-Ann to pass successfully Nursing Licensing examination on October 3 &
4, 2007 and be able to practice nursing in Jamaica, Caribbean and wherever
the Lord leads. Grandmother requests prayers for grandson who needs a job to
change his life around. Dorothy asks for many prayers for someone who is
distressed with personal difficulties. Grama asks prayers for grandson who
is seeking employment.