<MP>Sunday, 30 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 19:34:41 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
As you know, I was diagnosed this Summer with Multiple Myeloma. I'll be
undergoing a Stem Cell Transplant at Mayo Clinic in Rochester during the
month of December. This is not the "fetal stem cell" transplant the Church
opposes, since it is necessary to destroy a life in order to obtain the stem
cells. The stem cells will come from my own blood.  I'll be evaluated the
first week of December, then receive injections to increase the number of
stem cells and send them into the blood.  Then I'll be connected to machines
five hours a day, when blood will be drawn and stem cells taken out. The
stem cells will be frozen and I'll be given massive doses of Chemo.  Then
the stem cells will be reintroduced.  The hope is that they'll start
producing healthy blood cells.  When resistance returns, I'll be able to
return home.  I should have Internet access during this time, and should be
able to send Morning Prayer myself.  Keep me in your prayers and know you're
remembered in mine as well!

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Andrew
Andrew was St. Peter's brother, and was called with him. "As [Jesus] was
walking by the sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon who is now called
Peter, and his brother Andrew, casting a net into the sea; they were
fishermen. He said to them, 'Come after me, and I will make you fishers of
men.' At once they left their nets and followed him" (Matthew 4:18-20).  For
more, follow the link below:

Why do you let us wander, O LORD, from your ways, and harden our hearts so
that we fear you not? Return for the sake of your servants, the tribes of
your heritage. Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down, with the
mountains quaking before you, while you wrought awesome deeds we could not
hope for, such as they had not heard of from of old. ~Isaiah 63:16b-17, 19b;
64:2-7

Yet, O LORD, you are our father; we are the clay and you the potter: we are
all the work of your hands.  ~Isaiah, as above

Jesus said to his disciples: "Be watchful! Be alert! You do not know when
the time will come. ~Mark 13:33-37

Happy New Year!  The new Church Year starts with the First Sunday of Advent,
today.  We're called to turn back to the Lord with all our hearts as we
prepare for Jesus to come to us at Christmas ... and at the end of time.
His coming need not bring about fear.  We can get ready and stay ready, and
wait in joyful hope for His coming.  "Oh, that you would rend the heavens
and come down!"

I pray that I may get ready for Jesus' coming ... and stay ready.  I pray
that I may return to the Lord with all my heart, knowing that "O LORD, you
are our father; we are the clay and you are the potter: we are all the work
of your hands."