<MP>Sunday, 30 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 20:43:04 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
now and Thursday.

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Peter Regalado (1390-1456)
Peter lived at a very busy time. The Great Western Schism (1378-1417) was
settled at the Council of Constance (1414-1418). France and England were
fighting the Hundred Years' War, and in 1453 the Byzantine Empire was
completely wiped out by the loss of Constantinople to the Turks. At Peter's
death the age of printing had just begun in Germany, and Columbus's arrival
in the New World was less than 40 years away. For more, click the link
below:

All who believed were together and had all things in common; they would sell
their property and possessions and divide them among all according to each
one's need.  ~ Acts 2:42-47

Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring
your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe."
~ John 20:19-31

To believe or not believe, that is the question. Thomas wouldn't believe
what the others had seen unless he saw if for himself.  Jesus says, "Blessed
are those who have not seen and have believed."  In our First Reading we see
the radical behavior of believers, who sold their property and divided it
according to need.  Many didn't see Jesus, but saw how he had transformed
the lives of believers.  And they came to believe on the strength of the
conversion of others.

I pray that I may believe without seeing.  I pray that my faith may be
strengthened by the way others live their faith.  I pray too, that
conversion in my own life may inspire still others to believe!