<MP>Sunday, 29 October 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 22:32:11 -0500

"Put these things into practice, devote yourself to them, so that all may
see your progress.  Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching;
continue in these things, for in doing this you will save both yourself and
your hearers."  ~1 Timothy 4:15-16

Our true measure of success in life is the measure of spiritual progress
that we have revealed in our lives.  Others should be able to see a
demonstration of God's will in our lives.  The measure of God's will that
those around us have seen worked out in our daily living is the measure of
our true success.  We can do our best to be a demonstration each day of the
power of God in human lives, and example of the working out of the grace of
God in our hearts.

I pray that I may so live that others will see in me something of the
working out of the will of God.  I pray that my life may be a demonstration
of what the grace of God can do.

Mary asks prayers for a 5 year old who was in remission from Leukemia and it
has now returned, that God will protect him and his family. Margaret asks
prayers for a couple who lost triplets at birth and have now lost their only
remaining child in a car crash. Jo Ann requests prayers for a special
intention for her son and his family. Chris asks for prayers for the family
and students of their parish school's 4th grade teacher who died suddenly.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm