<MP>Sunday, 28 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:51:29 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ABOUT 10 OCTOBER
   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Wenceslaus (907?-929)
If saints have been falsely characterized as "otherworldly," the life of
Wenceslaus stands as an example to the contrary: He stood for Christian
values in the midst of the political intrigues which characterized
10th-century Bohemia.  For more, follow the link below:

Thus says the LORD: You say, "The LORD's way is not fair!" Hear now, house
of Israel: Is it my way that is unfair, or rather, are not your ways unfair?
~Ezekiel 18:25-28

Do nothing out of selfishness or out of vainglory; rather, humbly regard
others as more important than yourselves, each looking out not for his own
interests, but also for those of others. ~Philippians 2:1-11

When John came to you in the way of righteousness, you did not believe him;
but tax collectors and prostitutes did. Yet even when you saw that, you did
not later change your minds and believe him."  ~Matthew 21:28-32

Most of us have an innate sense of fairness.  We notice particularly when WE
are not treated fairly. God's ways are not our ways, and His time is not our
time. The Scribes and the Pharisees saw themselves as in control, with one
foot in the kingdom. The rail when Jesus likens them to tax collectors and
prostitutes. Their words are not backed up by actions. God wants us to live
lives of conversion, tackling our weakness, looking out for our neighbors
and drawing near to Him.

I pray that I may not sit back and rest on my laurels.  I pray that I may
tackle my weaknesses and receive God's mercy, grace and forgiveness.  I pray
that I may look out for my neighbor as well as myself and set a good example
for others to follow.