<MP>Sunday, 28 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 21:28:30 -0500

H O L Y    L A N D    P I L G R I M A G E
TWO SEATS AVAILABLE!

Were you interested in the Holy Land Pilgrimage, but moved too slowly.  Has
your situation changed. Gary e-mailed me today to let me know he now has two
more seats for the 04-16 November Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.  Call
Pentecost Tours if you're interested:  800 713-9800.  The Brochure is
available at my Web Site:  www.frpat.com

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R   I N T E N T I O N S
We'll pray for your Intentions in the Holy Land!

We'll be happy to take your prayer intentions with us to the Holy Land and
pray for you and your intentions at our daily Masses and at the many
Churches and Holy Site's we'll visit.  Just follow the link from
www.frpat.com to send your Intention with us!

     From Father Pat Umberger

Saints Simon and Jude
Jude is mentioned in Luke and Acts. Matthew and Mark call him Thaddeus.
Simon is mentioned on all four lists of the apostles.  On two he is called
"the Zealot."  Except for Peter, James and John we know little about the
apostles, bud do know that their holiness is a gift of Christ. Holiness
doesn't depend on human merit or effort.  It is a gift from God.  To learn
more, follow the link below:

"Though not unduly partial toward the weak, yet he hears the cry of the
oppressed." ~ Sirach 35:12-14, 16-18

" ... whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and the one who humbles
himself will be exalted."  ~ Luke 18:9-14

Those who are arrogant and congratulate themselves on how wonderful they are
have little place for God or others in their lives. God has much better luck
with the oppressed, widows and orphans and those who admit their sinfulness
and ask his mercy. People like that make the best friends to us as well.

I pray that I may not be arrogant, speaking mostly about myself and how good
I am. I pray that I may open the door to the Lord by admitting my weaknesses
and asking God's mercy.