<MP>Sunday, 28 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:27:24 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

THERE ARE NOW 37 REGISTERED PILGRIMS.
10 MORE SPACES AVAILABLE, UP TO 7 FROM LA CROSSE.
Remember though, that the first to register get those tickets!
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Hesychius of Jerusalem (c. 450)
Not only is the name of today's saint a bit hard to pronounce and spell.
It's also difficult to learn about such a modest and gentle man who lived in
the fourth and fifth century and who is better known in the Russian Orthodox
Church. The birth date of Hesychius (pronounced HESH-us) is unclear, but we
know that he was a priest and monk who wrote a history of the Church,
unfortunately lost. He also wrote about many of the burning issues of his
day. These included the heresy of Nestorianism, which held that there were
two separate persons in Jesus-one human, one divine-and the heresy of
Arianism, which denied the divinity of Christ. Some of his commentaries on
the books of the Bible as well, along with meditations on the prophets and
homilies on the Blessed Virgin Mary, still survive. It's believed Hesychius
delivered Easter homilies in the basilica in Jerusalem thought to be the
place of the crucifixion.

The Lord GOD is my help, therefore I am not disgraced; I have set my face
like flint, knowing that I shall not be put to shame. ~Isaiah 50:4-7

Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." They
divided his garments by casting lots. The people stood by and watched; the
rulers, meanwhile, sneered at him and said, "He saved others, let him save
himself if he is the chosen one, the Christ of God." ~Luke 22:14-23:56

The Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ.  With this Mass we begin Holy Week. We
enter into all the feelings of the human heart and know that Jesus
understands every single one of them. His death is at hand, but so is
eternal life and our salvation. Let us enter into the special days of this
week as we walk with our Lord Jesus Christ, from Hosannas to Crucifixion to
rising again from the dead three days later.

I pray that I may seriously enter the mysteries of this most Holy Week.  I
pray that I may turn to the Lord with all my heart and anticipate the
rewards His sacrifice brings.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Bill asks prayers of Thanksgiving for several favors granted by God. Mary
asks prayers for her brother-in-law who has legal problems, that the charges
will be dropped. Betty asks for prayer for her husband to be healed of
cancer.

Maria requests prayers for favorable outcome to legal matters. Prayer that
Gary's brother is given Jesus help in fighting his illness and gets better.
Maria asks prayers for her mother who has breast cancer and anticipates
chemotherapy.