<MP>Sunday, 28 January 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:00:18 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and
tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you--you of
little faith!  And do not keep striving for what you are to eat and what you
are to drink, and do not keep worrying.  For it is the nations of the world
that strive after all these things, and your Father knows that you need
them.  Instead, strive for his kingdom, and these things will be given to
you as well."  ~Luke 12:28-31

When we seek to follow the way of the spirit, it frequently means a complete
reversal of the way of the world which we had previously followed.  But it
can be a reversal that leads to happiness and peace. Do the aims and
ambitions that a person usually strives for bring peace? Do the world's
awards bring heart-rest and happiness?  Or do they turn to ashes in the
mouth?

I pray that I may not be weary, disillusioned or disappointed.  I pray that
I may not put my trust in the ways of the world, but in the way of the
spirit.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site