<MP>Sunday, 28 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 22:59:22 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

M E R R Y    C H R I S T M A S
I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Holy New Year.
Visit my Web Site for some good Christmas links, our Christmas Card to you
… and even a picture of my “evil” sister and I sitting on Santa’s Lap.
Just follow the banner link from:

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Feast of the Holy Innocents
Herod “the Great,” king of Judea, was unpopular with his people because of
his connections with the Romans and his religious indifference. Hence he
was insecure and fearful of any threat to his throne. He was a master
politician and a tyrant capable of extreme brutality. He killed his wife,
his brother and his sister’s two husbands, to name only a few.
  For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay/

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

God sets a father in honor over his children; a mother’s authority he
confirms over her sons. ~Sirach 3:2-6, 12-14

Brothers and sisters: Put on, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved,
heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience,
bearing with one another and forgiving one another, if one has a grievance
against another; as the Lord has forgiven you, so must you also do.
~Colossians 3:12-21

When they had fulfilled all the prescriptions of the law of the Lord, they
returned to Galilee, to their own town of Nazareth. The child grew and
became strong, filled with wisdom;  and the favor of God was upon him.
~Luke 2:22-40

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

As we celebrate the Feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph we
take the Holy Family as a model for our own families.  Although we are not
perfect, we can strive to always do better.  We can honor our parents and
indeed everybody in our family.  We can strive to live with “compassion,
kindness, gentleness and patience, bearing with one another and forgiving
one another.”

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may be respectful of all my family members and all those
around me.  I pray that I may help build a holy family by striving to do
better.  I pray that I may live with compassion, kindness, gentleness and
patience, that I may bear with others and forgive others as well.

I pray that I may always seek the truth.  I pray that I may be grateful
for John the Apostle, his privileged relationship with Jesus and all he
shares with us about God, His love for us and His call for us to love one
another.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the
willingness to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being
called to Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond
generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God.”  ~Psalm 46:10