<MP>Sunday, 27 September 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 17:40:35 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Vincent de Paul (1580?-1660)
The deathbed confession of a dying servant opened Vincent's eyes to the
crying spiritual needs of the peasantry of France. This seems to have been a
crucial moment in the life of the man from a small farm in Gascony, France,
who had become a priest with little more ambition than to have a comfortable
life. It was the Countess de Gondi (whose servant he had helped) who
persuaded her husband to endow and support a group of able and zealous
missionaries who would work among poor tenant farmers and country people in
general. Vincent was too humble to accept leadership at first, but after
working for some time in Paris among imprisoned galley-slaves, he returned
to be the leader of what is now known as the Congregation of the Mission, or
the Vincentians. These priests, with vows of poverty, chastity, obedience
and stability, were to devote themselves entirely to the people in smaller
towns and villages.   For more, follow the link below:

Come now, you rich, weep and wail over your impending miseries. Your wealth
has rotted away, your clothes have become moth-eaten, your gold and silver
have corroded, and that corrosion will be a testimony against you; it will
devour your flesh like a fire. ~James 5:1-6

If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter
into life maimed than with two hands to go into Gehenna, into the
unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut if off. It is
better for you to enter into life crippled than with two feet to be thrown
into Gehenna. ~Mark 9:38-43, 45, 47-48

We have a tendency to hold onto things that don't do us any good.  Sometimes
we even cling to our sin, convincing ourselves that it is OK, or that at
least it's our own business.  And it does us damage ... in our relationship
with God and with others as well. Until we are willing to let go, we don't
make progress ... and finding ourselves going down, down down. But we Can
begin to treasure the things that last forever.  We can let go of our sin
and allow God to replace it with all things good.  Then we can have the
satisfaction and serenity we seek.

I pray that I may treasure the things that last forever.  I pray that I may
let go of my weakness and sin and allow God to take over my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Renee asks prayers for these intentions. Mary asks prayers for her 15 yr.
old daughter's good test results Tuesday 9/29. Deanna requests prayer for
herself who is having doubts about accepting a position that she has been
working as a temporary employee due to the stress of the job.

Tom asks prayers for a special intention. Jo Ann asks prayers for her sister
who is having health issues and will be going for test to determine cause.

Don requests prayers for the volunteers at the 40 days for life 24/7 prayers
in front of the abortion clinics in the USA,  Canada and many other
countries. Margaret asks prayers for a special intention. Please pray for a
little baby named who is very sick, and the mother is very scared.