<MP>Sunday, 27 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 18:55:13 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE ENDS AFTER 10 JULY
      PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER THAT.

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com

St. Cyril of Alexandria (376?-444)
Saints are not born with halos around their heads. Cyril, recognized as a
great teacher of the Church, began his career as archbishop of Alexandria,
Egypt, with impulsive, often violent, actions. He pillaged and closed the
churches of the Novatian heretics, participated in the deposing of St. John
Chrysostom (September 13) and confiscated Jewish property, expelling the
Jews from Alexandria in retaliation for their attacks on Christians. Cyril's
importance for theology and Church history lies in his championing the cause
of orthodoxy against the heresy of Nestorius. The controversy centered
around the two natures in Christ. Nestorius would not agree to the title
"God-bearer" for Mary. He preferred "Christ-bearer," saying there are two
distinct persons in Christ (divine and human) joined only by a moral union.
He said Mary was not the mother of God but only of the man Christ, whose
humanity was only a temple of God. Nestorianism implied that the humanity of
Christ was a mere disguise.

For more, follow this link:

For the whole law is fulfilled in one statement, namely, You shall love your
neighbor as yourself. But if you go on biting and devouring one another,
beware that you are not consumed by one another. ~Galatians 5:1, 13-18

And another said, "I will follow you, Lord, but first let me say farewell to
my family at home." To him Jesus said, "No one who sets a hand to the plow
and looks to what was left behind is fit for the kingdom of God." ~Luke
9:51-62

We worry a great deal about things of this world.  We work hard to earn
money, houses, boats, cars and much more. But none of these things will last
forever.  The less distracted by these things we are and the more we strive
to love our neighbor as ourselves the better off we will be.

I pray that I may not spend an inordinate amount of time and energy working
for things that do not last.  I pray that I may invest myself in loving
those around me and the things that last forever.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Gloria asks prayers for granddaughter who is depressed and angry, and needs
friends. Mary asks prayers for a special intention.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse