<MP>Sunday, 25 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 17:32:47 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.  No more
than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just
follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

St. Antônio de Sant?Anna Galvão (1739-1822)
God?s plan in a person?s life often takes unexpected turns which become
life-giving through cooperation with God?s grace.
Born in Guarantingueta near São Paulo (Brazil), Antônio attended the Jesuit
seminary in Belem but later decided to become a Franciscan friar. Invested
in 1760, he made final profession the following year and was ordained in
1762. In São Paulo, he served as preacher, confessor and porter. Within a
few years he was appointed confessor to the Recollects of St. Teresa, a
group of nuns in that city. He and Sister Helena Maria of the Holy Spirit
founded a new community of sisters under the patronage of Our Lady of the
Conception of Divine Providence. Sister Helena Maria?s premature death the
next year left Father Antônio responsible for the new congregation,
especially for building a convent and church adequate for their growing
numbers.   For more, follow the link below:

They departed in tears, but I will console them and guide them; I will lead
them to brooks of water, on a level road, so that none shall stumble.
~Jeremiah 31:7-9

In the same way, it was not Christ who glorified himself in becoming high
priest, but rather the one who said to him: You are my son: this day I have
begotten you; just as he says in another place: You are a priest forever
according to the order of Melchizedek. ~Hebrews 5:1-6

Jesus said to him in reply, "What do you want me to do for you?" The blind
man replied to him, "Master, I want to see."
Jesus told him, "Go your way; your faith has saved you." Immediately he
received his sight and followed him on the way. ~Mark 10:46-52

Our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, has declared this the Year of the
Priest, and today Priesthood Sunday. We can reflect upon the consolation we
hear in Jeremiah, Jesus healing of the blind man in the Gospel, and the fact
that "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchidzedek."  God
provides for us through the Pope, Bishop, Priests and Deacons of the Church.
We can pray for them this day, and be grateful that they follow God's call
in their lives.

I pray that my faith may be strong as I receive good things from the Lord.
I pray for our Holy Father, Bishop, Priests and Deacons, that they may be
faithful to the Lord's call and good leaders and teachers.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Luvina requests prayers for the safety and well being of all members of her
family and prayers for herself in dealing with heart and blood pressure
problems and anxiety. Pat asks prayers of protection for pregnant daughter
and eight grandchildren & all children & pregnant women from H1N1 virus that
is killing mostly children & pregnant women. Cletus requests prayers for
himself that surgery will successful this Wednesday.

Dottie and Joe ask prayers for a special intention. Sonny asks prayers for
his son, that he may recover from an illness. Mary asks prayers for her
friend who had his head squashed that he won't have complications and will
feel better soon.

Ruth asks prayers for her friend who is unhealthy and obese and needs to
lose weight. Gen asks prayers for her daughter who is in need of a good job
and also to end a relationship peacefully. Irene asks prayers for a special
intention.

Dennis requests prayers for his nephew who is going to a surgeon for review
of a potential melanoma lesion. Rosemary asks prayers for her niece who is
deeply grieving from the sudden death of her only sibling. Leila is asking
for prayers for a young teacher who is being tested for Lupus and a blood
disorder.