<MP>Sunday, 25 November 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 19:52:28 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Columban (543?-615)

Columban was the greatest of the Irish missionaries who worked on the
European continent. As a young man he was greatly tormented by temptations
of the flesh, and sought the advice of a religious woman who had lived a
hermit's life for years. He saw in her answer a call to leave the world. He
went first to a monk on an island in Lough Erne, then to the great monastic
seat of learning at Bangor.  For more, click the link below:

He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom
of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
~Colossians 1:12-20

Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." He
replied to him, "Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."
~Luke 23:35-43

Jesus Christ is our King.  Different than any other King he was crucified
for his people.  He brings us eternal life, forgiveness and the strength we
need to live out our calling.  We can acclaim Him as our King and follow His
way.

I pray that I may always see Jesus as King of my life.  I pray that, walking
in the footsteps of Jesus, I may be a worthy guide for those around me.