<MP>Sunday, 25 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 19:59:55 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

now 13 Days, 10-22 November
Departing from La Crosse, WI, ORD (Chicago) and JFK (NEW YORK)

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008. A NEW BROCHURE is available now, since it was necessary to add a day
to the itinerary due to a schedule change at American Airlines.  We'll add
some free time at Sorrento and spend another night there.  We'll have the
chance to visit Monte Cassino (St. Benedict) too, and will be able to enjoy
a free day in Rome.  There will be one more dinner on our own ... but the
price change is negligible ... just $50 more from Chicago and now from JFK
in New York and no change at all from La Crosse (benefiting from a $50
priced reduction in the flight from La Crosse and Chicago. So, it's  $2749
from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The NEW BROCHURE is
available on-line right now.  Please destroy any old brochures.  The NEW
BROCHURE has a photo of Sister Joselda and I on the cover, so you can keep
them separate.  For Saint Patrick Onalaska parishioners wee should have
printed brochures available in Church this weekend.  Just follow the link
from: www.frpat.com __________________________________________________

St. Bede the Venerable (672?-735)
Bede is one of the few saints honored as such even during his lifetime. His
writings were filled with such faith and learning that even while he was
still alive, a Church council ordered them to be read publicly in the
churches. For more, click the link below:

He therefore let you be afflicted with hunger, and then fed you with manna,
a food unknown to you and your fathers, in order to show you that not by
bread alone does one live, but by every word that comes forth from the mouth
of the LORD. ~Deuteronomy 8:2-3, 14b-16a

Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all
partake of the one loaf. ~1 Corinthians 10:16-17

This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate
and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever." ~John 6:51-58

God feeds His people.  Manna was given to those in the desert. Jesus feeds
us with the Bread of Life. Because the loaf of bread is one, we though many,
are one body. We become what we eat, really and truly the Body of Christ.
What a treasure this is, to know that we can take the fullness of Jesus into
ourselves and become His Body in the world we live in.

I pray that I may be grateful for the many ways God feeds us.  I pray that I
may appreciate Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for me, that I may have eternal
life, forgiveness and the courage to do what I need to this day.  I pray
that I may receive the Body of Christ in Holy Communion always, and know
that we are one body in Christ!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Please pray for the healing of Father Pat's back. We pray for unity in our
country and that we may build a Culture of Life. We pray for the safety of
our troops, their safe return and their families at home.  We pray for a
deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage and willingness to
stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who have asked our
prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a good day!