<MP>Sunday, 25 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 18:45:43 -0500

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N
Price goes up $100 after TODAY for seats that remain!

Pentecost Tours needs to surrender some seats on Monday.  The number he can
hold is based on how many are signed up at that time.  So, if forty are
signed up it is likely that Gary will only be able to hold on to three to
five more seats.  He'll have to make those arrangements with the airline on
Monday.  Once those seats are sold it may be possible to obtain seats, but
most likely at a higher price, since negotiations for this special price
were done many months ago, and for a block of fifty seats.

FORTY are currently signed up and our goal of 36 has been surpassed.  I
believe two to seven more are in the process of signing up.

We have ROOM FOR FIFTY, so AT THIS MOMENT ten possible spaces remain.

Early Sign-up Deadline is TODAY, 24 June. Price rises $100 after that, if
seats are available.

If you're planning to sign up, call Pentecost Tours NOW and LEAVE A MESSAGE
with your name, phone number and expressing your intent to sign up ... then
call on Monday to make arrangements.  Gary usually gets to work by 3 a.m.,
so don't be afraid to call early. If you call before he has to give up the
seats I believe you'll still get the early sign-up discount. I believe
they'll assign seats in the order that people call in and then make
arrangements.

       1 800 713-9800

This will be a great Pilgrimage . to Portugal (Lisbon, Santerem, Fatima),
Spain (Alba de Tormes, Avila, Segovia, Burgos, Loyola, Pamplona & Javier)
and France (Lourdes, Paris & Lisieux). Out farewell dinner will be in a
restaurant in the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

The brochure is now on-line, along with a map and links to our hotels! The
very reasonable price includes transportation, luggage transfers, all
admissions, guide, escort, all breakfasts and dinners and even a packed
lunch for the 1st Class train ride from Lourdes to Paris. As always we'll
celebrate daily Mass and pray the Rosary when we're traveling. Our dinner on
the last night will be served in one of Altitude 95, a restaurant within the
Eiffel Tower in Paris. For complete details, follow the link from:

www.frpat.com

Still on the fence?  Read comments on the quality of our Pilgrimages from
some of our former Pilgrims.

   http://www.frpat.com/pilgrims_comments.htm

Charlie will be joining this year's Pilgrimage, his third with us . . .

     From Father Pat Umberger

Since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us give thanks,
by which we offer to God an acceptable worship with reverence and awe; for
indeed our God is a consuming fire.  ~Hebrews 12:28-29

Whenever we seek to worship God, we think of the great universe that God
rules over, of creation, of mighty law and order throughout the universe.
Then we feel the awe that precedes worship.  I too can feel awe, feel the
desire to worship God in wondering amazement.  My mind is in a box of space
and time and it is so made that I cannot conceive of what is beyond space or
time, the limitless and the eternal.  But I know that there must be
something beyond space and time, and that something must be the limitless
and eternal Power behind the universe.  I also know that I can experience
that Power in my life.

.=:  P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may accept the limitless and eternal Spirit.  I pray that it
may express itself in my life.

Kathy prays for her mother who may have cancer and needs further testing.
Joanna, a member requests prayers for her friend who will have a stem cell
transplant on Monday. Nancy from PA requests prayers for peace within her
son-in-law's family as they are in constant turmoil and fighting.

Marilyn asks prayers for her neighbor who is hospitalized with alcoholism
and heavy depression. A mother asks prayers for the reconciliation of her
son and daughter-in-law. George asks prayers for his daughter and her
husband who are having marriage difficulties. Marisa asks for prayers that a
biopsy taken is normal, and God continues to bless her with his healing.