<MP>Sunday, 24 January 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 20:36:13 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    P I L G R I M A G E
18-28 October 2010
Tentatively: $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse, WI
Join us on this wonderful Pilgrimage.  We'll celebrate Mass
daily in some of the most beautiful Churches in Ireland.
Join the e-mail group too, for updates.  A full brochure will
be available at my Web Site soon, early this week!
www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Francis de Sales (1567-1622)
Francis was destined by his father to be a lawyer so that the young man
could eventually take his elder's place as a senator from the province of
Savoy in France. For this reason Francis was sent to Padua to study law.
After receiving his doctorate, he returned home and, in due time, told his
parents he wished to enter the priesthood. His father strongly opposed
Francis in this, and only after much patient persuasiveness on the part of
the gentle Francis did his father finally consent. Francis was ordained and
elected provost of the Diocese of Geneva, then a center for the Calvinists.
Francis set out to convert them, especially in the district of Chablais. By
preaching and distributing the little pamphlets he wrote to explain true
Catholic doctrine, he had remarkable success. At 35 he became bishop of
Geneva. While administering his diocese he continued to preach, hear
confessions and catechize the children. His gentle character was a great
asset in winning souls. He practiced his own axiom, "A spoonful of honey
attracts more flies than a barrelful of vinegar."  For more, follow the link
below:

Now the body is not a single part, but many. If a foot should say, "Because
I am not a hand I do not belong to the body, "
it does not for this reason belong any less to the body. Or if an ear should
say, "Because I am not an eye I do not belong to the body, " ~1 Corinthians
12:12-30

Rolling up the scroll, he handed it back to the attendant and sat down, and
the eyes of all in the synagogue looked intently at him. He said to them,
"Today this Scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing." ~Luke 1:1-4;
4:14-21

Sometimes we can be selfish and try to accumulate things that will make us
happy.  We let others do the work. And we become more and more empty.  Only
when we live as part of the Body of Christ and do our part do we find that
happiness and fulfillment we seek.

I pray that I may not let others do it, but that I may do my part as the
Body of Christ. I pray that others may come closer to Christ to, by my
example.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse