<MP>Sunday, 24 August 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:47:08 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Bartholomew
In the New Testament, Bartholomew is mentioned only in the lists of the
apostles. Some scholars identify him with Nathanael, a man of Cana in
Galilee who was summoned to Jesus by Philip. Jesus paid him a great
compliment: "Here is a true Israelite. There is no duplicity in him" (John
1:47b). When Nathanael asked how Jesus knew him, Jesus said, "I saw you
under the fig tree" (John 1:48b).  For more, follow the link below:

Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh
and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say
to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the
gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the
keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in
heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." ~Matthew
16:13-20

All authority comes from God.  Jesus chose Peter as the rock upon which He
would build His Church. Along with this mission came the wisdom and guidance
of the Holy Spirit ... the same mission and wisdom given to each leader in
an unbroken succession passed on to our current Holy Father Benedict XVI. We
can trust in God's wisdom and guidance.  We are called to help to usher in
the Kingdom of God in communion with our Holy Father and the bishops of the
world until the time Jesus brings it to completion when He comes again in
His glory.

I pray that I may trust in God's wisdom and guidance as I strive to be
obedient to our Holy Father, the Vicar of Christ on earth. I pray that I may
be a good disciple and work for the coming of God's Kingdom.