<MP>Sunday, 23 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 06:12:03 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger
at School as well!

If you enjoy Morning Prayer, why not forward a copy to family members and
friends. Many seem to enjoy the new format.  Some say that they like to
attend Daily Mass, but cannot always do so.  Morning Prayer keeps them in
touch with the daily Scriptures and Saint of the day. Not all priests preach
on all weekdays. Morning Prayer provides a short reflection and a concrete
way to apply Scriptures to our lives. Clergy too, appreciate the simple
ideas found in both Morning Prayer and This Weekend.  Family members and
friends can learn more by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 13th. There will be food,
entertainment and fun for people of all ages.  There are also Raffle Tickets
available.  If you live close to us, why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd
like to help us by purchasing some raffle tickets.  You can learn more at:
www.stpatz.com

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Saint Padre Pio (1887-1968)
At Padre Pio's canonization Mass in 2002, Pope John Paul II referred to that
day's Gospel (Matthew 11:25-30) and said: "The Gospel image of 'yoke' evokes
the many trials that the humble Capuchin of San Giovanni Rotondo endured.
Today we contemplate in him how sweet is the 'yoke' of Christ and indeed how
light the burden are whenever someone carries these with faithful love. The
life and mission of Padre Pio testify that difficulties and sorrows, if
accepted with love, transform themselves into a privileged journey of
holiness, which opens the person toward a greater good, known only to the
Lord."

"When will the new moon be over," you ask, "that we may sell our grain, and
the sabbath, that we may display the wheat? We will diminish the ephah, and
to the shekel, and fix our scales for cheating!" Amos 8:4-7

"First of all, I ask that supplications, prayers, petitions, and
thanksgivings be offered for everyone, for kings and for all in authority,
that we may lead a quiet and tranquil life in all devotion and dignity."
Paul to Timothy 2:1-8

"The person who is trustworthy in very small matters is also trustworthy in
great ones." Luke 16:1-13

As we live in the world we witness many people being dishonest in small and
large ways.  We are tempted to take "just a little" or speak "little white
lies." Little dishonesties can easily lead to larger ones.  Jesus says, "
... the person who is dishonest in very small matters is also dishonest in
great ones."

I pray that I may summon the courage to live a worthy and honest life.  I
pray that all of my words may be trusted by others, that those around me
will have a good and worthy example to follow.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Johanna asks prayers for a special intention. A grandfather requests
prayers of thanks for his grandson surviving a car accident. Tim asks for
prayers for his wife who needs a special intention. Frieda asks prayers in
thanksgiving for Fr. Pat. Bill & Company ask prayers  as they are in need of
drivers for their business.

Jim requests prayers for a special intention to deal with a recurring
problem. A member asks for prayers that her granddaughter will find a buyer
for her home. Grandmother requests prayers for grandson who needs extra
prayers for strength during trying times.

Toni asks prayers for her mother who has severe pain. Mary asks prayers for
her paraplegic friend who can move only her eyes. Lil ask prayers for a
friend who has hearing impairment, that the doctors will be able to restore
her hearing and that her health insurance will cover the surgery and the
hearing aid if needed.