<MP>Sunday, 23 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 16:58:57 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
The Dollar vs. the Euro -  Good news for travelers ... the Euro is not at
about $1.25 compared with $1.60 on 31 December
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Felix of Cantalice (1515-1587)
Felix was the first Franciscan Capuchin ever canonized. In fact, when he was
born, the Capuchins did not yet exist as a distinct group within the
Franciscans. Born of humble, God-fearing parents in the Rieti Valley, Felix
worked as a farmhand and a shepherd until he was 28. He developed the habit
of praying while he worked. In 1543 he joined the Capuchins. When the
guardian explained the hardships of that way of life, Felix answered:
"Father, the austerity of your Order does not frighten me. I hope, with
God's help, to overcome all the difficulties which will arise from my own
weakness." Three years later Felix was assigned to the friary in Rome as its
official beggar. Because he was a model of simplicity and charity, he
edified many people during the 42 years he performed that service for his
confreres. As he made his rounds, he worked to convert hardened sinners and
to feed the poor as did his good friend, St. Philip Neri, who founded the
Oratory, a community of priests serving the poor of Rome. When Felix wasn't
talking on his rounds, he was praying the rosary. The people named him
"Brother Deo Gratias" (thanks be to God) because he was always using that
blessing.

And suddenly there came from the sky a noise like a strong driving wind, and
it filled the entire house in which they were. Then there appeared to them
tongues as of fire, which parted and came to rest on each one of them. And
they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in different
tongues, as the Spirit enabled them to proclaim. ~Acts 2:1-11

Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so
I send you." And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to
them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them,
and whose sins you retain are retained." ~John 20:19-23

The Holy Spirit came to bring peace and remove fear.  As Jesus disciples
were sent out to do His work, so are we.  May we accept our responsibility
knowing the power of the Holy Spirit is with us always to help us accomplish
God's work.

I pray that I may be freed from my fears.  I pray that I may accept my
mission, and go out and do the Lord's work.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Paula asks prayers for two special intentions. Victoria asks prayers as she
is treated for ovarian cancer. A member requests prayers for his father who
is recovering from heart surgery that he will soon be able to come home
after rehabilitation and therapy.

Josefina asks prayers for a special intention. Rita asks prayers for her
friend and her family who's mother has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung
cancer.