<MP>Sunday, 23 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 08:48:05 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

They put him to death by hanging him on a tree. This man God raised on the
third day and granted that he be visible,
not to all the people, but to us, the witnesses chosen by God in advance,
who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.  ~ Acts 10:34a,
37-43

Then the other disciple also went in, the one who had arrived at the tomb
first, and he saw and believed. For they did not yet understand the
Scripture that he had to rise from the dead.  ~ John 20:1-9

"They did not yet understand the Scripture, that He had to rise from the
dead." It took awhile to understand the implications of the resurrection.
Yet it would become the most important thing that they believed, that Jesus
rose from the dead.  They would receive eternal life, forgiveness, and the
constant strength of the Holy Spirit to help them carry Jesus' message
without fear. Jesus is stronger than sin, darkness and death.  He leads us
to the Father with his constant light.  Alleluia!

I pray that I may come to a deeper understanding of the Resurrection of
Jesus in my own life.  I pray that I might carry Jesus message as I enjoy
hope in a life that will never end, forgiveness for my sins, and the
enduring strength of the Holy Spirit.