<MP>Sunday, 23 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:29:43 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John of Kanty (1390?-1473)
John was a country lad who made good in the big city and the big university
of Kraków, Poland. After brilliant studies he was ordained a priest and
became a professor of theology. The inevitable opposition which saints
encounter led to his being ousted by rivals and sent to be a parish priest
at Olkusz. An extremely humble man, he did his best, but his best was not to
the liking of his parishioners. Besides, he was afraid of the
responsibilities of his position. But in the end he won his people?s hearts.
For more, click the link below:

Therefore the Lord himself will give you this sign: the virgin shall
conceive, and bear a son, and shall name him Emmanuel.  ~Isaiah 7:10-14

The angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, ?Joseph, son
of David, do not be afraid to take Mary your wife into your home. For it is
through the Holy Spirit that this child has been conceived in her. She will
bear a son and you are to name him Jesus, because he will save his people
from their sins.?  ~Matthew 1:18-24

Some of us have a hard time, feeling that we're alone in many ways. We
remember Christmases past when life, at least in retrospect, seems like it
was better. As we approach the Feast of Christmas we're reminded that Jesus
comes to us as Emmanuel, "God with us!"  We're never alone.

I pray that I may prepare a great place for Jesus to be born in my heart
this Christmas.  I pray that I may know that I am never alone.  Jesus is
with me always!