<MP>Sunday, 21 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 18:31:46 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ABOUT 10 OCTOBER
   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Matthew
Matthew was a Jew who worked for the occupying Roman forces, collecting
taxes from other Jews. Though the Romans probably did not allow extremes of
extortion, their main concern was their own purses. They were not scrupulous
about what the "tax-farmers" got for themselves. Hence the latter, known as
"publicans," were generally hated as traitors by their fellow Jews. The
Pharisees lumped them with "sinners." So it was shocking to them to hear
Jesus call such a man to be one of his intimate followers.  For more, follow
the link below:

.=: S C R I P T U R E S   F O R   T H E   D A Y :=.

Seek the LORD while he may be found, call him while he is near. ~Isaiah
55:6-9

What if I wish to give this last one the same as you? Or am I not free to do
as I wish with my own money? Are you envious because I am generous?' Thus,
the last will be first, and the first will be last." ~Matthew 20:1-16a

God's ways are not our ways. We want things to work out fairly.  We should
be "paid" according to the work we do.  Still God is sometimes more generous
than we are as humans.  As the landowner says, "Are you envious because I am
generous?" No matter what our station in life, we need to seek the Lord
while he is near.  And we can come to understand that those who seem to be
first may end up last while the last will be first.

I pray that I may seek the Lord while He may be found.  I pray that I may
enjoy the great generosity of God, knowing His ways are not our ways.  I
pray that I may know that many times the last will be first.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Cherie asks prayers for her daughter who will be traveling to Scotland.