<MP>Sunday, 21 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 16:45:53 -0500

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R   I N T E N T I O N S
We'll pray for your Intentions in the Holy Land!

We'll be happy to take your prayer intentions with us to the Holy Land and
pray for you and your intentions at our daily Masses and at the many
Churches and Holy Site's we'll visit.  Just follow the link from
www.frpat.com to send your Intention with us!

F A M I L Y    A N D   F R I E N D S
Encourage them to Subscribe to Morning Prayer!

Why not forward a copy to family members and friends. Morning Prayer
provides a short reflection and a concrete way to apply Scriptures to our
lives, and uses the Scriptures and Saint for the Mass of the Day. Learn more
by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Hilarion (c. 291-371)
Hilarion, born in Palestine, was drawn to solitude but found it difficult to
live a solitary life because of the many people who came to him for wisdom
and peace. He died at age 80 in Cyprus where he finally settled down, and is
known as the founder of monasticism in Palestine.

"Aaron and Hur supported Moses' hands, one on one side an one on the other,
so that his hands remained steady till sunset." ~Exodus 17:8-13

"While it is true that I neither fear God nor respect any human being,
because this widow keeps bothering me I shall deliver a just decision for
her lest she finally come and strike me." ~ Luke 18:1-8

We know that perseverance is a great tool to help us be successful in life.
In prayer too, it is good for us to persevere, even when it seems like
answers are not coming.  Although things do not always go the way we choose,
God is there to give us all we need.

I pray that I may trust in God.  I pray that I may persevere in prayer,
knowing that God is with me and wants to give me all I need.