<MP>Sunday, 21 May 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 18:25:45 -0500

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S
Twenty-Nine are now registered. Remember, to go on the trip you need to
register with and pay your deposit to Pentecost Tours. For complete details,
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

P E N T E C O S T    N O V E N A
A novena is made up of nine days of prayers for a special cause.  The Novena
in honor of the Holy Spirit is the most ancient of all Novenas.  It was the
first one ever prayed.  It recalls the period of nine days where Jesus sent
his apostles back to Jerusalem to await the coming of the Holy Spirit at
Pentecost. This wonderful Novena is addressed to the Holy Spirit and can be
a powerful way for us to prepare to receive the light, strength and courage
we need.

So, let's pray this wonderful Novena, beginning on the Friday after
Ascension Thursday, this year on the 26th of May, even when, like this year
in the United States, the celebration of Holy Thursday is transferred to the
next Sunday.  Come Holy Spirit, Come!

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

D A    V I N C I    C O D E    D E B U N K E D
Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R    P A T
On-line predators: What you can do to minimize the risk.  Just click the
link:

   http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/children/kidpred.mspx

     From Father Pat Umberger

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore
we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake
in the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the
mountains tremble with its tumult."  ~Psalm 46:1-3

We can constantly claim God's strength.  Once convinced of the right of a
course of action, once reasonably sure of God's guidance, we can claim that
strength.  We can claim all the strength we need to meet any situation. We
can claim a new supply when our own supply is exhausted.  We have a right to
claim it and we can use this right.  A beggar supplicates, a son
appropriates.  When we supplicate, we can be kept waiting, but when we
appropriate God's strength in a good cause, we can have it at once.

I pray that I may claim God's strength whenever I need it.  I pray that I
may try to live as a child of God.

.=:  W E    P R A Y  :=.

Eileen requests prayers for her father, age 83, that he will be given
strength and motivation to be able to walk again. Genny asks for prayers for
a diagnosis and healing of neuropathy pain for herself.