<MP>Sunday, 21 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 18:51:26 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M E R R Y    C H R I S T M A S
Visit my Christmas page for new desktop wallpaper, our Christmas card to
you, lots of Christmas links and much more.  Just follow the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Peter Canisius (1521-1597)
The energetic life of Peter Canisius should demolish any stereotypes we may
have of the life of a saint as dull or routine. Peter lived his 76 years at
a pace which must be considered heroic, even in our time of rapid change. A
man blessed with many talents, Peter is an excellent example of the
scriptural man who develops his talents for the sake of the Lord's work.
For more, follow the link below:

"It was I who took you from the pasture and from the care of the flock to be
commander of my people Israel. I have been with you wherever you went, and I
have destroyed all your enemies before you. And I will make you famous like
the great ones of the earth. 2 Samuel 7:1-5, 8b-12, 14a, 16

Forever I will sing the goodness of the Lord. ~Psalm 89

Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me
according to your word." Then the angel departed from her. ~Luke 1:26-38

"Forever I will sing the goodness of the Lord!" How things would change if
we'd do so.  We'd see the good in ourselves and in those around us. As we
affirm good it becomes even better.  David and Mary were chosen as very
young people.  Both responded to God by saying "Yes!"  Mary said, "Behold, I
am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word."

I pray that I may "sing the goodness of the Lord," and be ready to say "Yes"
to God's call as it comes to me.  I pray that I may get ready for the Lord's
coming at Christmas, and stay ready for His coming at the end of time!