<MP>Sunday, 20 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 19:11:17 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
Early Sign-up Deadline ends after 10 July and price goes up $100 after that.
18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com

St. Paulinus of Nola (354?-431)
Anyone who is praised in the letters of six or seven saints undoubtedly must
be of extraordinary character. Such a person was Paulinus of Nola,
correspondent and friend of Augustine, Jerome, Melania, Martin, Gregory and
Ambrose. Born near Bordeaux, he was the son of the Roman prefect of Gaul,
who had extensive property in both Gaul and Italy. Paulinus became a
distinguished lawyer, holding several public offices in the Roman Empire.
With his Spanish wife, Therasia, he retired at an early age to a life of
cultured leisure. The two were baptized by the saintly bishop of Bordeaux
and moved to Therasia's estate in Spain. After many childless years, they
had a son who died a week after birth. This occasioned their beginning a
life of great austerity and charity, giving away most of their Spanish
property. Possibly as a result of this great example, Paulinus was rather
unexpectedly ordained a priest at Christmas by the bishop of Barcelona.

For more, follow this link:

Brothers and sisters:

Through faith you are all children of God in Christ Jesus. For all of you
who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
~Galatians 3:26-29

Then he said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter said in reply,
"The Christ of God." ~Luke 9:18-24

Up close and personal ... Jesus asks, "Who do you say that I am?"  Peter,
who faltered, sank and was even called Satan by Jesus responded with "The
Christ of God."  And his life was changed forever.  He would come to see
that Jesus really *would* have to suffer and die. He would give his own life
as well. Jesus called him to pick up his cross each day and follow.  Jesus
says the same to us.

I pray that I may know and proclaim by my actions that Jesus is "The Christ
of God."  I pray that I may pick up my cross each day and follow!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Susan requests prayers for who daughter who has broken her wrist, that she
may have complete healing and return to her work. Theresa requests prayers
that her friend will find employment soon. Brian requests prayers for his
friend who just lost her mother.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse