<MP>Sunday, 20 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 20:22:55 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

St. Sebastian (257?-288?)
Nothing is historically certain about St. Sebastian except that he was a
Roman martyr, was venerated in Milan even in the time of St. Ambrose and was
buried on the Appian Way, probably near the present Basilica of St.
Sebastian. Devotion to him spread rapidly, and he is mentioned in several
martyrologies as early as a.d. 350.

I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the
ends of the earth.  ~Isaiah 49:3,5-6

John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of
God, who takes away the sin of the world. He is the one of whom I said, 'A
man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.'
~John 1:29-34

When we believe there is someone who has the power to help us in wonderful
ways we get excited.  John was very excited about Jesus and all he came to
offer.  He testifies that Jesus is the Son of God.  What wonderful news this
is for us.

I pray that, in my human weakness, I may always remember that Jesus has
everything I need.  I pray that I may draw close to the Lord and, by my
example, to help others to do the same.