<MP>Sunday, 20 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:13:58 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Conrad of Parzham (1818-1894)
Conrad spent most of his life as porter in Altoetting, Bavaria, letting
people into the friary and indirectly encouraging them to let God into their
lives. For more, click the link below:

Brothers, select from among you seven reputable men, filled with the Spirit
and wisdom, whom we shall appoint to this task, whereas we shall devote
ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word." ~Acts 6:1-7

Beloved: Come to him, a living stone, rejected by human beings but chosen
and precious in the sight of God, and, like living stones, let yourselves be
built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood to offer spiritual
sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. ~1 Peter 2:4-9

Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I
do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father."
~John 14:1-12

We are called by God to put our gifts and talents to use serving others.  We
are called to be living stones, that allow ourselves to be built into a
spiritual house acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. The same Christ
prepares a place for us.  As we do the works Jesus does we follow into His
footsteps, the footsteps that lead to the Father.

I pray that I may use my gifts and talents to become a living stone.  I pray
that my works may help build a spiritual house acceptable to God through
Jesus. I pray that following in Jesus' footsteps will lead me to the Father
and the place Jesus has prepared for us.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Boris asks prayers for a long list of intentions. Susan asks prayers for her
future son-in-law who requires further tests to determine the cause of a
lung condition, that God will guide the doctors, and that the diagnosis will
be a favorable one. Gerald asks for prayers that the land commission acts
favorably on his mother's petition so he can finally go home after a
troubled life here. The Fietz family asks for prayers for Father Pat's
successful eye surgery and quick healing.