<MP>Sunday, 18 November 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:39:47 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

W E ' R E    B A C K
We're back from a wonderful Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.  It seems like we
have been up forever.  I can't believe all the things we saw!  Know that we
remembered you and your intentions at Mass and in our prayers.  I hope you
prayed for us, too!

     From Father Pat Umberger

Dedication of St. Peter and Paul
Today we celebrate the dedication of two Churches.  First, St. Peter's in
the Vatican. It is built over the site of Peter's tomb.  St. Paul's Outside
the Walls is where St. Paul is believed to have been beheaded.  It was the
largest Church in Rome until St. Peter's was rebuilt. The first Basilicas of
St. Peter and St. Paul were built by Constantine, St. Peter's in 319.

"We wanted to present ourselves as a model for you, so that you might
imitate us."  ~2 Thessalonians 3:7-12

"We hear that some are conducting themselves among you in a disorderly way,
by not keeping busy but minding the business of others."  ~2 Thessalonians
3:7-12

"You will be hated by all because of my name, but not a hair on your head
will be destroyed. By your perseverance you will secure your lives."  ~Luke
21:5-19

Paul had the courage to ask people to follow the example of he and his
disciples. It is difficult for us to set a constant good example.  We can
easily become like those who are not busy but act like busy-bodies. Since
this is the 33rd Sunday of the year and the Church year ends next Sunday, we
reflect too on the shortness of time and the reality the end.

I pray that I may work hard and not act like a busy-body.  I pray that my
example might be true and worthy of imitation.  I pray that I may be ready
when the end comes.