<MP>Sunday, 18 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:34:58 -0500

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N
THIRTY NINE are currently signed up and our goal has been surpassed.
We have ROOM FOR FIFTY, so eleven possible spaces remain.
Early Sign-up Deadline is 24 June.  Price rises $100 after that.

It's shaping up to be a great Pilgrimage . to Portugal (Lisbon, Santerem,
Fatima), Spain (Alba de Tormes, Avila, Segovia, Burgos, Loyola, Pamplona &
Javier) and France (Lourdes, Paris & Lisieux).  Out farewell dinner will be
in a restaurant in the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The brochure is now on-line,
along with a map and links to our hotels! The very reasonable price includes
transportation, luggage transfers, all admissions, guide, escort, all
breakfasts and dinners and even a packed lunch for the 1st Class train ride
from Lourdes to Paris. As always we'll celebrate daily Mass and pray the
Rosary when we're traveling. For complete details, follow the link from:

        www.frpat.com

F A T H E R ' S    D A Y    P A G E

Visit our Father's Day Page for great links, some Father's Day pass-alongs,
a Father's Day Blessing and much more.  You can even create a tie for dad!
Use the easy on-line referral form to recommend this page to family members
and friends.  Just follow the banner link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

He said to them, "Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and rest a
while."  ~Mark 6:31

The spiritual life has two parts.  One is the life apart, the life of prayer
and quiet communion with God.  We spend this part of our life apart with
God.  Every day our mind can be set in the right direction so that our
thoughts will be of the right kind.  The other is the life impart--imparting
to others what we have learned from our own meditative experience.  The
victories we have won over ourselves through the help of God can be shared
with others.  we can help them by imparting to them some of the victory and
security which we have gained in our life apart.

I pray that I may grow strong from my times apart with God.  I pray that I
may pass on some of this strength to others.

A member from the United Kingdom asks prayers for her son who goes before
the Bishop's Advisory Committee this week to ask to study for the
Priesthood, his dream since he was 8-years-old. Member asks for prayers for
a relative who is going to Asia as a Missionary to preach the Word. Kathy
asks to remain cancer free and find the source of pain under right rib cage.

Kathy asks for a healing of all cancer for another, and obtaining medicine
that she needs. Pam asks prayers for her unborn son who has a hole in his
heart, and a heart valve missing.