<MP>Sunday, 17 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:16:35 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

O U R    P A R I S H    M I S S I O N
Our parish Mission here at Saint Pat's begins with the Masses this weekend.
Fr. Donald Blaeser and Fr. Dennis Koopman, Franciscans from Illinois will be
with us.  They'll preach at the weekend Masses.  There will be evening
presentations (about 1 hour) Sunday-Wednesday evenings.  Sunday-Tuesday they
will be at 7 p.m.  The Wednesday presentation will be at 7:15 p.m. There
will be Morning Mass with presentations on Monday at 8:30 a.m., Tuesday at
8:30 a.m. and Wednesday at 8:00 a.m.  Join us if you can.  If you can't join
us, please keep us in your prayers!

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  The brochure will be available at the Web Site very soon.  It looks
like the cost will be:  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse,
Wisconsin. When available the brochure will be here: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the
Stations every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

V A L E N T I N E ' S    D A Y

I found a group of Valentines dating from 1848-1921.  They were sent from
the Blair/Arcadia area.  I scanned them , along with some of the written
messages inside.  Come and see this treasure. The message from one of the
1848 Valentines is included at the bottom of this e-mail.  Visit our Web
Site for our Valentine's Day Page.  I've included some good links, including
the History of Valentine's Day, Saint Valentine, and a *wonderful* story ...
"The Beautiful Heart." Use the easy on-line referral form too, to recommend
this page to family members and friends.  Learn more about Devotion to the
Sacred Heart of Jesus as well. Just follow the banner link from:
http://frpat.com/

Seven Founders of the Order of Servites (13th century)
Can you imagine seven prominent men of Boston or Denver banding together,
leaving their homes and professions, and going into solitude for a life
directly given to God? That is what happened in the cultured and prosperous
city of Florence in the middle of the thirteenth century. The city was torn
with political strife as well as the heresy of the Cathari. Morals were low
and religion seemed meaningless. For more about these Saints, follow the
link below:

I will make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless
those who bless you and curse those who curse you. All the communities of
the earth shall find blessing in you."  ~ Genesis 12:1-4a

While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud cast a shadow over them,
then from the cloud came a voice that said,
"This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."  ~
Matthew 17:1-9

God prepared a land for his people and wanted them to be a blessing to all
the world.  Jesus appeared in His glory in order to strengthen the faith of
his disciples to face the difficulties that would come as people turned away
from him and he was taken from them and crucified.  We too can experience
God's glory.  We too can be a blessing to the world we live in.

I pray that I may use my experiences of God's glory and splendor to
strengthen my faith.  I pray that those who live around me will find in my
and my community a great blessing.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

James asks prayers for his wife's recovery from breast cancer. Nyarai asks
prayers for contract extension. Joan asks prayers for her mother who is in
the hospital in intensive care. Marie requests prayers for a dear friend and
her son who are facing a difficult challenge for the next year, that they
may know that God is always with them. Member Loretta asks prayers for her
granddaughter who has become a lesbian.

Marie asks prayers for her daughter who has a would that will not heal due
to steroids. Gen asks prayers for a special intention.