<MP>Sunday, 15 April 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 19:06:05 -0500

P R I E S T    R E T R E A T

I'll be on Retreat with the priests of our Diocese until late on Thursday,
19 April.  Keep us in your prayers!

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
04-15 November.  The brochure is now on line!
$2599 from Minneapolis, $2499 from JFK in New York

This Holy Week you'll hear many places in the Holy Land mentioned in the
Scriptures.  We'll visit most if not all of them on our November Pilgrimage
to the Holy Land. Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up
any time now, and we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy
Land has been their most popular destination!  Why not sign up on Holy Week.

And, if you sign up, let me know so I can keep track of the group! Just
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

I can keep calm and unmoved in the vicissitudes of life.  I can go back into
the silence of communion with God to recover this calm when it is lost even
for one moment.  I can accomplish more by this calmness than by all the
activities of a long day.  At all cost I can keep calm.  I can solve nothing
when I am agitated.  I can keep away from things that are upsetting
emotionally.  I can run on an even keel and not get tipped over by emotional
upsets.  I can seek for things that are calm and good and true and stick to
those things.

I pray that I may not argue nor contend, but merely state calmly what I
believe to be true.  I pray that I may keep myself in that state of calmness
that comes from faith in God's purpose for the world.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site