<MP>Sunday, 14 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 19:21:42 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 11th. There will be food, and fun
for people of all ages.  Studebaker 7 will provide entertainment from 7 p.m.
to 10:30 p.m. There are also Raffle Tickets available.  1-4th Prizes are
$1,000, 5th prize is $500, 6-10th prizes are $100. If you live close to us,
why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd like to help us by purchasing some
raffle tickets.  You can learn more at: www.stpatz.com

Triumph of the Cross
Early in the fourth century St. Helena, mother of the Roman Emperor
Constantine, went to Jerusalem in search of the holy places of Christ's
life. She razed the Temple of Aphrodite, which tradition held was built over
the Savior's tomb, and her son built the Basilica of the Holy Sepulcher over
the tomb. During the excavation, workers found three crosses. Legend has it
that the one on which Jesus died was identified when its touch healed a
dying woman.  For more, follow the link below:

Moses accordingly made a bronze serpent and mounted it on a pole, and
whenever anyone who had been bitten by a serpent
looked at the bronze serpent, he lived. ~Numbers 21:4b-9

... he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross.
Because of this, God greatly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that
is above every name ... ~Philippians 2:6-11

And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of
Man be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal
life. ~John 3:13-17

Jesus' triumph came through the wood of the cross, and instrument of
humiliation and torture. The serpent Moses lifted up in the desert and the
cross of Jesus help us remember where our sin leads.  We can be so very
grateful for the love of Jesus, who stayed with us and loved us even in our
weakness and sinfulness. We can believe in Him and know that he offers us
the gift of eternal life.

I pray that I may always remember the results of my own sinfulness.  I pray
that I may know that God loves me in my weakness and sinfulness.  I pray
that I may be a believer, and that He prepares for me the gift of eternal
life.