<MP>Sunday, 14 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 19:39:08 -0500

Why not forward a copy to family members and friends. Morning Prayer
provides a short reflection and a concrete way to apply Scriptures to our
lives, and uses the Scriptures and Saint for the Mass of the Day. Learn more
by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Callistus I (d. 223?)
Callistus went from a slave in a Roman household - to becoming a prisoner
after losing his master's money - to being sentenced to work in the mines of
Sardinia - to being freed and put in charge of the public burial grounds in
Rome - to becoming a deacon and advisor to the Pope - to becoming Pope
himself - to being martyred himself during a disturbance in Travestere. Some
believe he may have been one of the greatest popes of all time.  Read more
here:

"I will no longer offer holocaust or sacrifice to any other god except to
the Lord."  ~2 Kings 5:14-17

"he Lord has revealed to the nations his saving power."  ~Psalm 98

"If we have died with him we shall also live with him; if we persevere we
shall also reign with him." ~Timothy 2:8-13

"Jesus said in reply, "Ten were cleaned, were they not?  Where are the other
nine?" ~Luke 17:11-19

Jesus is the source of our healing. We can draw close to him and receive
what we need. We, like the Samaritan leper, can return and give thanks to
God.

I pray that I may know the God is with me in all my suffering and
difficulties.  I pray that I may receive what the healing I need from the
Lord, and remember to give thanks.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Geneva asks prayers for a friend who has cancer, that the cancer be
treatable. Karan asks prayers for Father Pat as he undergoes eye surgery,
for the intercession of Saint Lucy, and that we avoid spiritual blindness. A
member requests prayers for healing, peace, and grace for her Grandmother
who is in ICU with pneumonia and wisdom for her mother as she makes
decisions.

Deacon Chester asks prayers for Fr. Pat, that his eye surgery will be
successful and that God will bring him safely back home in good health.
Marilynn asks for prayers for Fr. Pat and for his surgery to be successful.
A Canadian member who is very thankful for daily reflections, ask our loving
Lord to guide the surgeon's hands and a successful operation.

Susan asks prayers for a friend's 5-yr old daughter who is beginning chemo
after having a brain tumor removed. Anna requests prayers for her friend's
family members (4) who are fighting cancer.  Also prayers for father Pat
that he be healed according to God's Will.  May the good Lord, bless Fr.
Pat's surgery will be a success.

Frank asks prayers for a successful surgery for Fr Pat.  A member sends
prayers of thanksgiving for a special intention that was granted. Angela
asks prayer for Father Pat that all will go well with his eye surgery.
Howard and Joan request prayers for Father Pat that his eye problems be
resolved. Pray that Fr. Pat has a successful eye surgery and thank him for
maintaining Father Pat's Place on the Web and sending us Morning Prayer.

A member requests prayers for himself, his father and Fr. Pat who are
undergoing medical treatments/tests in the next few days, for favorable
results. Marie-Therese asks prayers for a special intention. Tina asks
prayers for Fr. Pat as he faces another eye surgery and for her cousin who
had emergency surgery yesterday, that both will be blessed with full
recovery and good health. Mary Asks prayers for her boyfriend who will have
surgery on Wed, the 17th to repair his knee and for Fr. Pat who has surgery
the same day.