<MP>Sunday, 14 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:16:34 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P A R I S H    M I S S I O N    S T A R T S    T O D A Y !
Fr. Jim Marchionda, OP - S. Annie Willits, OP, 13-17 March 2010 Join us if
you can, for our 2010 Lenten Mission.  It starts with preaching at this
weekend's Masses.  Then there will be presentations at morning Masses at 8
a.m. Monday and 8:30 on Tuesday and Wednesday. Evening sessions are at 7
p.m. Monday-Wednesday. Fr. Jim is a noted musician, composer and conductor.
Our Mission will feature Fr. Jim's compositions. The last night will feature
music, prayer, and Fr. Jim on jazz clarinet and saxophone.  There's more
information on our Parish Web Site, www.stpatz.com. Or, become a fan of St.
Patz Lenten Mission on Facebook.

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
I BELIEVE FIVE SEATS FROM LA CROSSE REMAIN
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Maximilian (d. 295)
We have an early, precious, almost unembellished account of the martyrdom of
St. Maximilian in modern-day Algeria.
Brought before the proconsul Dion, Maximilian refused enlistment in the
Roman army saying, "I cannot serve, I cannot do evil. I am a Christian."
Dion replied: "You must serve or die." Maximilian: "I will never serve. You
can cut off my head, but I will not be a soldier of this world, for I am a
soldier of Christ. My army is the army of God, and I cannot fight for this
world. I tell you I am a Christian." For more, follow the link below:

We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he
made him to be sin who did not know sin, so that we might become the
righteousness of God in him. ~2 Corinthians 5:17-21

While he was still a long way off, his father caught sight of him, and was
filled with compassion. He ran to his son, embraced him and kissed him.
~Luke 15:1-3, 11-32

The Father's love is always there. The younger son was forgiven before he
even returned home. This very familiar story is a reminder to us of God's
unconditional love for us.  It's the kind of love he wants us to have for
one another as well.  We need to let go of our sin and turn to God with all
our hearts.  We need to put down our resentments too, and make peace!

I pray that I may always remember God's mercy and forgiveness.  I pray that
I may grant forgiveness to those who have harmed me.