<MP>Sunday, 14 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:29:14 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

F A T H E R ' S    D A Y    P A G E

Visit our Father's Day Page for great links, some Father's Day pass-alongs,
a Father's Day Blessing and much more.  You can even create a tie for dad!
Just follow the banner link from:

Today in the Church calendar of Saints ...

St. Albert Chmielowski (1845-1916)
Born in Igolomia near Kraków as the eldest of four children in a wealthy
family, he was christened Adam. During the 1864 revolt against Czar
Alexander III, Adam?s wounds forced the amputation of his left leg. His
great talent for painting led to studies in Warsaw, Munich and Paris. Adam
returned to Kraków and became a Secular Franciscan. In 1888 he took the name
Albert when he founded the Brothers of the Third Order of Saint Francis,
Servants to the Poor. They worked primarily with the homeless, depending
completely on alms while serving the needy, regardless of age, religion or
politics. A community of Albertine sisters was established later.  For more,
follow the link below:

Then he took the blood and sprinkled it on the people, saying, "This is the
blood of the covenant that the LORD has made with you in accordance with all
these words of his." ~Exodus 24:3-8

He said to them, "This is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed for
many. Amen, I say to you, I shall not drink again the fruit of the vine
until the day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.  ~Mark 14:12-16,
22-26

Today we celebrate the Solemnity of Corpus Christi, the Most Holy Body and
Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.  We are reminded that when we as Catholics
receive Communion, we receive the real and true Body and Blood of our Lord
Jesus Christ.  We become what we eat too, the Body of Christ in the world we
live in.  We can be reminded to receive Holy Communion worthily and with
great reverence.  We can be ready too, to leave Church to love and serve the
Lord.

I pray that I may never diminish in my mind the fact that I really and truly
receive the Body and Blood of Christ when I receive the Eucharist (Holy
Communion) in my Catholic Church.  I pray that I may use the energy and
strength of the Eucharist to "Go in peace to love and serve the Lord."

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Melva requests prayers for her 8 year old great niece who is undergoing
chemo and radiation and is back on the respirator, that she will stabilize
and be able to breathe on her own again and that her treatment will be
successful. Frieda asks prayers for her son, that he finds a job.

Denise asks for prayers of thanksgiving for the healthy birth and successful
nursing of her twin boys. Marianne, requests prayers for her son who is
unemployed. Member asks for prayers for two grown grandsons that have not
direction and are floundering.