<MP>Sunday, 14 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:30:35 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If you're
interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.

L E N T    A T    F R .    P A T ' S    P L A C E
My Lent page at my Web Site is up and running. You'll find materials on
Reconciliation, an Examination of Conscience and even a Credit Card to
Heaven.  Lenten regulations are there too, along with a complete schedule of
Services and Activities.  Be sure to visit our ON-LINE STATIONS OF THE
CROSS.  I've written them for children and adults alike.  They've been newly
illustrated by students of our own Saint Patrick's School and are available
in English and Spanish as well. Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Sts. Cyril and Methodius (d. 869; d. 884)
Because their father was an officer in a part of Greece inhabited by many
Slavs, these two Greek brothers ultimately became missionaries, teachers and
patrons of the Slavic peoples. After a brilliant course of studies, Cyril
(called Constantine until he became a monk shortly before his death) refused
the governorship of a district such as his brother had accepted among the
Slavic-speaking population. Cyril withdrew to a monastery where his brother
Methodius had become a monk after some years in a governmental post.  For
more, follow the link below:

Blessed are they who hope in the Lord. ~Psalm 1

And raising his eyes toward his disciples he said: "Blessed are you who are
poor, for the kingdom of God is yours.
Blessed are you who are now hungry, for you will be satisfied. ~Luke 6:17,
20-26

Sometimes we need to be reminded about the things that are really important
in life.  We can come to this knowledge when the things of the world fail
us. When we need to rely on others and on God our lives take on a whole
different meaning and perspective.  We might not think that those who are
poor or in bad health are blessed, but when they rely on God many blessings
come their way.

I pray that I may not rely on the things of the world.  I pray that I may
rely on family, friends and God.