<MP>Sunday, 13 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 18:34:06 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you live near Onalaska you're invited to an information morning or
evening ... with a great video of many of the places we'll visit,
information about our Pilgrimages in general, and a chance to ask questions.
Tuesday, 29 May at 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.  If you think you may be joining us,
let me know as soon as you can so I can keep track of the group!

M A Y / M O T H E R ' S    D A Y /  M A R Y ' S    M O N T H
Visit my Web Site for our Mother's Day page.  It includes some great links,
stories and pass-alongs.  Many of us who have lost moms find this a hard
time of the year.  Visit our Grief Support page as well. You'll find the
blessing we use in Church here at Saint Pat's as well. I hope you enjoy it.

This is also Mary's Month.  Learn more about what we believe about Mary as
Catholics.  It's a great refresher for Catholics and it can be a great
awakening for those who are a bit suspicious about what we think of Mary.
Just click the link from: www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not
be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven;  give, and it will be given
to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be
put into your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get
back."  ~Luke 6:37-38

I can try never to judge.  The human mind is so delicate and so complex that
only God can know it wholly.  Each mind is so different, actuated by such
different motives, controlled by such different circumstances, influenced by
such different sufferings, we cannot know all the influences that have gone
to make up a personality. Therefore, it is impossible for us to judge wholly
that personality. Bu God knows that person wholly and God can change it.  We
can leave to God the unraveling of the puzzles of personality.  We can leave
it to God to tech us the proper understanding.

I pray that I may not judge other people.  I pray that I may be certain that
God can set right what is wrong in every personality.

Tom is asking for prayers & God's blessings for a successful second
interview on May 14th. A member asks for prayers that we might have
favorable growing weather for our crops. Jim requests prayers for his mother
who is scheduled for surgery to remove a brain tumor. Jane asks prayers for
a special intention.

Susan asks prayers for her daughter who has a chronic illness and is in need
of a job with good insurance benefits. Nancy asks for prayers for a special
intention. Debbie asks prayers for peace and comfort for her grandpa who is
in heart and renal failure.

Ray requests prayers for the repose of the soul of his brother-in-law who
died on May 8th, and also for his family.  Lynn asks prayers of healing for
her mother.