<MP>Sunday, 13 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 16:15:06 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** At least 14 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Henry (972-1024)
As German king and Holy Roman Emperor, Henry was a practical man of affairs.
He was energetic in consolidating his rule. He crushed rebellions and feuds.
On all sides he had to deal with drawn-out disputes so as to protect his
frontiers. This involved him in a number of battles, especially in the south
in Italy; he also helped Pope Benedict VIII quell disturbances in Rome.
Always his ultimate purpose was to establish a stable peace in Europe.  For
more, follow the link below:

" ... so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; my word shall not
return to me void, but shall do my will,
achieving the end for which I sent it."  ~Isaiah 55:1-11

"But the seed sown on rich soil is the one who hears the word and
understands it, who indeed bears fruit and yields a hundred or sixty or
thirtyfold." ~Matthew 13:1-23

When the Word of the Lord comes to us from His mouth, he doesn't want it to
return again until it does His will.  Our Gospel this weekend calls us to be
good soil, that produces a good yield.  We need to open our ears and our
hearts that we may receive God's Word and God's call.  Then we can put this
call into action, and God's Word can do its will ... with God's work and our
cooperation.

I pray that I may listen to God's Word and His call.  I pray that I may
always strive to do God's will.