<MP>Sunday, 13 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 18:34:41 -0500

.=:  F A M I L Y    F E S T    R A F F L E    T I C K E T S  :=.

Our Family Fun Fest is October 15th.  It will be a great afternoon of fun
for our parishioners.  We also have Raffle Tickets available.  There are 4
$1000 prizes, a $500 prize and 5 $100 prizes.  If you'd like tickets, see
the special page at our Parish Web Site.  I appreciate the many of you who
help out in this way.  I can't remember a raffle when some of our
cyber-members weren't winners!  One of our cyber-members has won twice in
the St. Pat's Calendar Raffle already!  Just follow the link from:

       www.stpatz.com

Fatima / Lourdes/ Spain /France 2006

October 2-13, 2006.  Several seats may still be available. Seats will be
ticketed on 02 September.  If you'd like to join us, act now!

As always, the Pilgrimage Brochure, map of our travels, links to our Hotels
and much more are available at my Web Site.  Just click the link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"So we can say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be
afraid. What can anyone do to me?'"  ~Hebrews 13:6

We can make it a daily practice to review our character.  We can take our
character in relation to our daily life, to our dear ones, our friends, our
acquaintances and our work.  Each day we can try to see where God wants us
to change.  We can plan how best each fault can be eradicated or each
mistake be corrected.  We need never be satisfied with a comparison with
those around us.  We can strive toward a better life as our ultimate goal.
God is our helper through weakness to power, through danger to security,
through fear and worry to peace and serenity.

I pray that I may make real progress toward a better life.  I pray that I
may never be satisfied with my present state.

A member from Maine requests prayers for the repose of the soul of a family
member who died in Afghanistan, and for his family. Daniel asks prayers for
his wife who suffers from isolation and loneliness. Ray asks prayers for his
cousin and family whose husband and Father went home to be with the Lord on
Thursday 10 August.

Mary requests prayers for her sister who has had tests done on Thursday on
her bile duct and gall bladder. Frieda asks prayers for a special intention.
Grace asks for prayer for her son leaving for Iraq. A mother asks prayers
for her teenage daughter who has unexplained debilitating stomachaches,
headaches and fatigue.

Shar requests prayers for her daughter and husband that the Holy Spirit will
descend upon them and help them solve their marital problems. Rich asks
prayers for forgiveness and the return of a gift.