<MP>Sunday, 13 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:51:48 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Martin I (d. 655)
When Martin I became pope in 649, Constantinople was the capital of the
Byzantine empire and the patriarch of Constantinople was the most
influential Church leader in the eastern Christian world. The struggles that
existed within the Church at that time were magnified by the close
cooperation of emperor and patriarch. For more, click the link below:

Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name
of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the
gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is made to you and to your children
and to all those far off, whomever the Lord our God will call." ~Acts of the
Apostles 2:14a, 36-41

So Jesus said again, "Amen, amen, I say to you, I am the gate for the sheep.
All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen
to them. I am the gate." ~John 10:1-10

Jesus is our Good Shepherd.  He calls us to repentance and baptism and
promises us the gift of the Holy Spirit. When we listen to Jesus we can
count on God's comforting presence and God being with us all the time.

I pray that I may heed the call of Jesus, the Good Shepherd.  I pray that I
may be quick to repent of my sins and put to use the gifts of the Holy
Spirit.  I pray that I may know God's comforting presence with me always.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Shirley asked for prayers for Father Pat who will have eye surgery. Mary Lou
asks three special intentions for those dealing with difficult times. Joan
asks prayers that her husband will convert to the Catholic faith and that
her children will return to the practice of their Catholic faith.

Nancy ask prayers for families who have recently lost children to cancer.
Nancy from NJ ask prayers for her wonderful neighbor who fell and broke her
nose and both wrists. Ivy asks prayers that her very close friend will
recover well from his accident. Joanne asks for prayers for a special
intention.